Awesome! Week two in MKMMA has been so inspiring for me. I am all in for the 26 weeks and this is my second time around. I keep asking my wife why she keeps running marathons when I see how hard she works to prepare for the race… she already has the end in mind and she knows she will finish.
MKMMA 26 weeks for me, Marathon 26.2 miles for her. I have my end in mind and I know the outcome because I have already set it in the world within. It is a done deal as I already see myself talking with my guide at the end of week 26th about how great it is to have finished the first part of this journey together.
So this week in the “Master Key System, by Charles Haanel, we had a very cool assignment at the end of Part II…
Now be perfectly still as before, but inhibit all thought; this will give you control over all thoughts of care, worry and fear, and will enable you to entertain only the kind of thoughts you desire. Continue this exercise until you gain complete mastery.
Wow… that’s a tall order. I kind of chuckled as I thought about this, How many times do ask someone; especially your wife or a child, “WHat are you thinking about?” and the response is nothing.
Have you ever tried to think about nothing. Let me tell you it’s a lot harder than you might think.
Here’s how it usually goes when I start this exercise. I close my eyes and set my intention to think about nothing. Here we go.
- 5 seconds later. I need to make 20 calls today. Oh… I need to clear my mind.. think of nothing.
- 10 seconds later. My DMP is great. so looking forward to the new life. Oh… I need to clear my mind.. think of nothing.
- 20 seconds later. I wish I did not have to go to the ear doctor . Oh… I need to clear my mind.. think of nothing.
- 15 seconds later. Dawgs play at 7:30 Saturday night. Love night games. Oh… I need to clear my mind.. think of nothing.
- 10 seconds later. Need to do OATS tomorrow & Schedule time with Erin. Oh… I need to clear my mind.. think of nothing.
… And so it goes through my 15 minute sit. I think about nothing AND I think about everything.
So why is it I am trying to think about nothing? It is a vital exercise in learning to control my thoughts. To learn to notice what thoughts I am letting into my internal world. To see which thoughts I am adding emotion to. To allow my conscious mind to become the gatekeeper of my subconscious mind, my inner world.
The more I control my thoughts, the more I control the inner world and soon my perfect inner world will become my perfect outer world.
I so look forward to this exercise each morning; it is just like lifting weights. The more I practice, the stronger I get.
Have a blessed week and find time to think about NOTHING.